Title: Community Manager - HOA Property Manager (CCAM) (CMCA)
Crummack Huseby Property Management based in Lake Forest, CA has specialized in the management of Homeowner Associations (HOA) for more than 17 years. As a result of marketing initiatives we are experiencing strong growth in this economic market and are now adding a full-time Community Association Manager.
The type of new team member we are seeking is polished, confident, takes independent action, initiative, has a sense of urgency, and enjoys the opportunity to make decisions and take responsibility for them. A well-suited candidate can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them.
The style is professional, purposeful, directed at getting things done quickly and working collaboratively with and through others. There is a great deal of challenges and pressure and the ability to communicate fluidly and effectively with people. Challenges must be handled with confidence and determination.
We value people with strong detail orientation who bring an error-free, focus to the projects they manage. The position requires a self-disciplined person who can handle details. There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and repeatable results. The responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities requiring rapid shifts in priorities. We appreciate and value team players who take pride in the quality of their work.
Essential Job Functions:
- Financial & budget planning, contract & insurance administration
- Vendor & maintenance management, routine inspections
- Managing all violation and Architectural Control processes
- Attend evening homeowner association (HOA) Board of Director meetings
- Write newsletters
- Handle communications and all association-related community and homeowner problem resolutions
- Play an integral part in planning and implementing solutions for the communities managed while facilitating meetings
- Implementing policies and being proactive.
- BA/BS in Business (preferred)
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience in community management, property management, or general account management
- Understanding business financial statements including budgeting
- Must be a good problem solver, use diplomacy, persuasion to motivate, cultivate and negotiate with communities familiar with vendor management, construction, and maintenance issues
- Exceptional customer service skills including professional verbal/written communication skills
- Strong computer skills: Word, Outlook, Excel, and prop software a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Certifications in CCAM, PCAM a plus but not required
Job Type: Full-time
- In keeping with the Governor’s stay-at-home order, and with everyone’s health at the top of our priority list, Crummack Huseby will continue to support the “work-from-home” option for our team through Friday, May 1, 2020.
- Property Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- HOA Community Manager: 1 year (Required)
- Project Management Planning: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High-stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19