Title: Recreation Director - Baker Ranch
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Onsite Office - Baker Ranch
Responsible to implement the Developer’s and Board of Director’s vision for the community as a “Resort” through implementation and oversight of community events, recreation programs, interactive social media, strategic alliances, and facilities management.
Tasks / Responsibilities
As the Recreation Director your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Propose, plan, and administer events and recreation programs.
- Oversee events, vendor performance and payments
- Identify opportunities for classes, committees, gatherings that enhance the community culture
- Recruit instructors/committee chairs and partner on executing for the community’s benefit
Interactive Social Media
- Connect the community online by creating buzz and interest in everything you’re working on
- Produce newsletters, generate flyers, update the bulletin board postings, send e-blasts
- Maintain and regularly update Social Media content; event marketing and photo sharing on Facebook, Instagram, Event Brite, Nabr Network, etc.
- Respond to and manage community website facility use inquires, facility reservations for tennis courts, parks, parties, etc.
- Create reports for the Board of Directors and obtain approval for annual Calendar of Events
- Assemble and oversee Social Committee to provide input on programming
- Partner with local businesses to strengthen ties/awareness and maximize residents’ benefits
- Administer volunteer programs and youth/teen involvement in the community
- Conduct daily walkthroughs of The Grove, and/or other facilities as requested, and send work order requests to General Manager/Operations team
- Maintain quality control oversight of janitorial, pool maintenance, A/V, playground and landscape team, which includes regular meetings with service providers
- Communicate problems to General Manager
Supervise Part-Time Staff
- Delegate administrative functions for reservations, daily site visits at Vista Swim Club, The Arbors, and other parks; FAQ’s, check lists for parties/inspections, tennis court reservations, facility tours, programming key fobs, Nabr Network and dwellingLive data entry/reporting
- Provide customer service training as needed
- Recommend updates to training manual on an annual basis
- Vendor packet and insurance compliance
- Expense reconciliation
- Contract drafting/execution
- Monthly meeting attendance
- Preparation of budgets and reports
- Membership surveys
- Proper utilization of public drive: “P: drive”, Outlook, CH-Connect, etc.
Hours – 40 per week
- Monday through Friday, with switch in days as needed for weekend events.
- Develop and achieve personal goals
- Maintain industry designations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to build and sustain strong working relationships internally and externally
- Strong organizational and forward-planning skills
- Strong understanding and application of budgeting, finance, contract negotiation, etc.
Preferred Experience/ Minimum Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of three years of property management experience
- Must have experience in event planning and social media management
- Must possess intermediate computer skills including experience w/Microsoft Office applications