Welcome to the start of a New Year! Instead of adding to your list of resolutions, we're simply going to provide you with a Seasonal Checklist of Scheduled Maintenance and wish you all a Happy New Year.
Grab a screwdriver, a vacuum cleaner with attachments, a rag, and a notepad for your next household walk through.
- Take note of any areas that might need to be watched, missing or cracked electrical plates, missing or cracked caulking around the tubs, etc.
- How old are the hoses on your washing machine? If older than 5 years, it might be a good idea to replace them.
- How old are your smoke & Carbon Monoxide (CO) detectors? If older than 5 years, you may want to consider replacing them.
- Do you have CO detectors? If not, purchase and install at least one near each sleeping area. Additional detectors on every level and in every bedroom of a home provides extra protection against Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
- Tighten up loose screws on your cabinet drawer pulls, doors and doorknobs. Make sure all the locks and hinges are working properly – if not, add graphite or an appropriate oil.
- Vacuum or wipe down: vent covers, under the refrigerator, the refrigerator coils, light bulbs, the ceiling fan housing and blades.
- Change out your HVAC filter.
- Change out your smoke alarm & CO batteries.
Note: if you feel uncomfortable or do not understand how to complete a task, call in a professional.
ABOUT OUR TEAM: WE ARE BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS & GROWING COMMUNITIES.
Crummack Huseby utilizes a personal approach to create and develop one-of-a-kind property management programs for new and existing communities. Our award-winning talent would be honored to present their unparalleled methods in property management and builder services to your team or board. For more information, please visit ch-pm.com or call 888-399-9430 Toll-free
Crummack Huseby Property Management, Inc.
25531 Commercentre Drive Suite 100 Lake Forest, CA 92630